Here’s a breakdown of how the weekend went…
- Friday night – go out to eat with Manafest and our friend Mara at the Dumping House in Wellsboro (more on that later)
- Later Friday night – play Rock Band with Mara for far too long
- Saturday morning – go up to church to help supervise Skate Park
- Saturday at 3:00 – go to a friend’s Little League game
- Saturday at 5:00 – back to the church to get ready for the concert
- Saturday at 6:30 – doors open
- Saturday at 7:30 – concert starts
- Saturday at 11:00 – get home
As you can see, Saturday was a fairly busy/hectic day, but it was a lot of fun.
One thing that really impressed me about Manafest (real name Chris) was how down to Earth he was. Granted, he’s not a superstar (yet), but he was really cool to hang out with and treated us like friends, instead of acting like a Prima Dona. He was even gracious enough to spend almost 2 hours skating with the kids Saturday afternoon before he had to perform that evening. I wish Chris and his wife all the best in their music and speaking ministry.
If you’re a fan of hip hop / rock music, give either of these bands a listen. They both put on a great show, and I would recommend either one of them.